- Pancake Mix
- Shredded Cheese
- Scallions (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F / 205 degrees C
- Mix your pancake batter (can be boxed or homemade) and, using a pan or griddle on medium-low heat, cook 4 pancakes roughly the size of the bottom of a muffin tin. Don't worry if they're too big. You can re-size them before assembling the cups.
- Once the pancakes are cooked, set them aside and prepare the bacon. It does shrink so if you feel you'll need 2 pieces per cup, feel free to make more. There's never too much bacon. :)
- In order to assemble the cups, the bacon still needs to be warm and flexible. Place the pancakes in the bottom of your muffin tin, then wrap the bacon around the side of the tin. It'll be hot, and don't get discouraged if it takes a bit of time to get the bacon perfect. I promise you these cups will taste delicious no matter what.
- Sprinkle some shredded cheese on top of the pancake bottom, but not a lot. We just want enough for the flavor to make itself known.
- Time to crack your eggs! Crack your eggs over the cheese, and sprinkle them with some salt and pepper to taste. Don't worry if they kind of flow over the bacon ring.
- Cook in your oven for 12-15 minutes. If you like your yolk a little runny then shoot for 12 minutes. If you're more of a firm-yolk person, go for the full 15.
- Once they're done, carefully take a knife and pop them out and onto your plate. Garnish with some scallions if you want to and you're done! Enjoy!