Love Breakfast? Check This Spin On a Classic!
I sure do love breakfast! Then again, who doesn’t? Being the most important meal of the day, I get my fill of it as
much as I can. I mean, eggs, sausage, bacon? What’s not to love?
Check out “Breakfast in a Blanket,” which is a super fun spin on the classic pigs in a blanket with
some extras, including meat and cheese, which is everyone’s favorite. Be sure to give it a try and add this to
your morning arsenal if you like. Whether it’s just you or you have a family, this certainly is a must-have recipe.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 1/2 medium sausage, cooked and sliced
- 3 slices bacon, cooked
- 1/4 cup cheese of choice, shredded
- Bacon bits, optional
Some Step by Step Instructions for you
1) In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients for the pancake batter–flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
2) Add milk, egg, butter to dry ingredients. Whisk until you get a smooth consistency.
3) Carefully ladle the batter into an oiled frying pan. Quickly add the sausage slices, press them down into the batter a bit and flip the pancake. Be careful not to spend too much time on arranging the sausage slices–cooking the pancake for more than 30 seconds can burn it.
4) Repeat the previous step twice – first with the bacon slices and then with the grated cheese. Don’t forget to press the ingredients into the batter, otherwise they will fall off when flipped over.
5) Stack your three pancakes. Top with a butter cube and bacon bits if desired. Serve and enjoy!
I’m glad you checked the video out! I’m optimistic that it was valuable.
Sharing awesome flavorful recipes is honestly the main reason for me having created this ever-growing resource. There isn’t much more to it than that. 🙂
A “but” is coming…
A little truth
Okay, before we even begin, I’ve gotta level with you. The truth is, I built this resource for myself. See, I love videos about crazy flavor (like the Breakfast In a Blanket video you just finished viewing), and a fresh site on which I could re-watch my favorite videos is really what I was after.
But I’m also a bit of an opportunist. Why lie?
I love sharing great content, and I also enjoy earning sponsorship revenues and affiliate commissions… hopefully, you don’t see anything wrong with that.
I just wanted to disclose the fact that yes, I do make money from this site. But don’t get it twisted, please… Sales pitches suck, they’re not my style, and making money is not my key motivator for running this blog. If you get the itch to buy anything from any of my sponsors, cool! If you’re simply not interested, I’ll still like ya. Your readership is what I’m after. 🙂
Sharing cool crazy food with good people like you is just plain fun for me! 😉
And that’s the purpose that FlavorSmasher serves. It’s just a flavorful recipe lover’s home for some really cool videos. I hope you can appreciate that. If so, I’d love to see you here again. 😉
So make this site one that you return to! I will continue to share cool videos in the areas of Lunch, Dinner, and Breakfast… for starters!
If you’d like to subscribe for updates, you can enter your email address in the form below. I promise to only ever send you notifications of awesome new crazy food videos here on FlavorSmasherI’ll never bombard you with promotional emails. I’ll only send “new video” notifications. 🙂
If you’d like to be a VIP, you’re invited to join for free here
You will instantly receive a free welcome gift from me in your inbox. 🙂
No matter if you’re interested in that or not, it would still be very nice of you to click the FB “Like” button on on this site’s sidebar. Or at a minimum, please share this post via one of the social share buttons below. 🙂
As my final request, it means a lot to me to hear what my visitors think of the content I share. Let us know what you liked or didn’t like about the video. Use the comments section below.
And we’ll talk again real soon!